• Introduces you to the basics of SOLIDWORKS in five easy lessons
• Concentrates on areas where new users can improve efficiency in the design modeling process
• Develops a Stirling Engine throughout the book
• Perfectly suited for schools including CAD as part of a broader course
• Includes bonus chapters on the CSWA exam and 3D printing
SOLIDWORKS 2019 Quick Start introduces new users to the basics of using SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software in five easy lessons. This book is intended for the student or designer who needs to learn SOLIDWORKS quickly and effectively. This book is perfect for engineers in industry who are expected to have SOLIDWORKS skills for their company’s next project or students who need to learn SOLIDWORKS without taking a comprehensive CAD course.
Based on years of teaching SOLIDWORKS to engineering students, SOLIDWORKS 2019 Quick Start concentrates on the areas where new users can improve efficiency in the design modeling process. By learning the correct SOLIDWORKS skills and file management techniques, you gain the most knowledge in the shortest period of time.
This book begins with an overview of SOLIDWORKS and the User Interface (UI), its menus, toolbars and commands. With a quick pace, you learn the essentials of 2D sketching, part and assembly creation, perform motion study, develop detailed part and assembly drawings and much more. Throughout this book you develop a mini Stirling Engine and investigate the proper design intent and constraints.
Two bonus chapters are included with this book. Chapter six is a review of the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) exam. It will help you understand the curriculum and categories of the CSWA exam and the required model knowledge needed to successfully take and pass the exam.
Chapter seven is an introduction to additive manufacturing (3D printing). It covers the difference between additive and subtractive manufacturing, 3D printer terminology, knowledge of preparing, saving, and printing a model on a Fused Filament Fabrication 3D printer and much more. This chapter also includes information on the Certified SOLIDWORKS Additive Manufacturing Certification (CSWA-AM) exam.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of SOLIDWORKS and the User Interface
2. 2D Sketching, Features and Parts
3. Assembly Modeling - Bottom up method
4. Design Modifications
5. Drawing and Dimensioning Fundamentals
6. Introduction to the Certified Associate - Mechanical Design (CSWA) Exam
7. Additive Manufacturing